Wednesday 3 November 2010

Tripping Off....

After a wonderful weekend at St Augustine's, with the baptism of wee John Hardie, it's been a hectic week preparing to go off to The Gambia! The school out there is in trouble, with West African floods seriously undermining the foundations of our school building, and then there are the usual staffing problems that always need to be addressed. Nothing dreadful, but we probably need two new teachers fast!

One of the things that our school is committed to is training our teachers to the highest standards. They, therefore, can be "stolen" away by the bigger schools who want highly qualified teachers and who can pay more and give benefits which we can only dream about giving. "That's life", as they say in France.

It's certainly not going to be a holiday, but at least the work will be getting done in sunshine. :-)

I'll be back on the 13th for the Parish Production of The Wizard of Augz, following the monobloc road to wherever the other side of the rainbow is, or something like that! My tin man suit will be waiting for me, but I think I'd rather have the red shoes! Well, if the Pope can wear them.......

Below, the RW celebrates my coming departure.

3 comments:

susan s. said...

I guess the celebration means that she's not going, right? ;-)

Fr Kenny said...

No Susan. This is work stuff, and she's used up all her holidays anyway!

Fr Kenny said...

I mean... who would look after Archie?