Monday 13 February 2012

Running on Empty

When the RW comments that a few days retreat might do you good, then it's a big hint that you are maybe running on empty. She's insightful this RW.

Apart from the feelings of being restless, irritable and discontent, add the feeling of fragility today, which has me phoning my sponsor/spiritual director first thing this morning.

I feel that January and February have eaten me up, emotionally, spiritually and physically, and although few have noticed the difference, (or am I kidding myself?), a good dose of silence and reflection is possibly what's needed. Fitting something like this in before Lent seems impossible though.

It's wilderness stuff, where a duvet over your head seems to be a tempting proposition.

A slight change of emphasis in my ministry has unsettled me, well, who likes change, but as someone once kept telling me, "Change you must and change you will!"

The wilderness is often part of the journey, but I know in my heart of hearts that the arrival brings joy and a peace which passes all understanding!

No comments: