Sunday 15 November 2009

Bad Day for This Football Fan!

Yesterday was not good. The RW was absolutely brilliant, and didn't rub my nose in the fact that Wales humiliated Scotland 3-0. She did casually mention something about how her brother-in -law would just love to get a "shot" at me last night, but I think she meant "gloat".

Meanwhile Partick Thistle Nil were going down 3-1 at Dunfermline, losing a last minute killer goal. By all accounts Thistle played well, but like Scotland, have trouble turning pressure into goals sometimes. The Nil result I can take. We'll hammer them back at Firhill. The Scotland one is harder to stomach.

There was little real commitment yesterday, despite the fact we had a half-decent team out there. I was a great Burley supporter at the end of the World Cup Qualifiers, but a man can change his mind, and mine was yesterday. He must go, and go now.

I awaited news that my Gambian Team had lost too, but then I realised they play today.

No comments: