Sunday 15 August 2010

Silence

There will be silence on the Blog for a few days as I head up to St Mary's, Kinnoull, in Perth for my annual retreat. Silence for me, too! It's been a few years since I've been on a proper, organised retreat, with conductor and greater silence for five days! I'm greatly looking forward to it.

A retreat is an opportunity to listen to the God who speaks to us in Jesus Christ. His Gospel is the word of life, and we need to hear it afresh, if it is to touch our hearts and change our lives.


So says the introduction to this retreat for Roman Catholic priests and deacons and religious, and it's something that all clergy need to do from time to time. Our preaching and teaching can become a little stale, and our ministry can become a bit tired and worn without it.


Oh! And it was Partick Thistle One, and Dundee that got the Nil this week! Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!


Be back at the weekend!  

No comments: