Saturday 27 June 2009

Frustration & Anger

'Twasn't a good visit to father last night. In his confusion he's bitterly angry and frustrated that he's restricted to the confines of Ward 15. A couple of "escape" attempts have not helped the demeanor of nurses who have more to do than chase after 84 year-olds who go awol and have to be rescued from the main road.

Social Work, obviously, badly let us all down last week, and that hasn't helped, but the anger and aggression towards the RW and me last night was quite phenomenal. I've got myself into a state of despair now. I don't see any way out of this, because whatever Care Home he ends up in will have the same restrictions, and he'll have to accept that his days of freedom to wander wherever he wants are now gone.

My sister is going up today. Don't think I could face another roasting within 24 hours!

2 comments:

Erp said...

My thoughts are with you.

Take the dogs for a long walk if you can (not near picnics).

Christine McIntosh said...

Oh, Kenny. Love and prayers.