Tuesday 28 April 2009

Crawling Back to Reality

After about 22 hours sleep since Sunday night, I'm crawling back into life again today, and even feel awake enough to lift my laptop!

Being "on team" at a Cursillo weekend can be an exhausting experience, and this one was no exception. However, so many beautiful things actually happened as a result and, undoubtedly, the Holy Spirit was hard at work! Together with the joy and laughter which is so much a part of the "Cursillo Experience", there was a lot of pain that surfaced and was dealt with, as well as it possibly could be, in the hurly-burly of the weekend itself.

The participants from Dumbarton certainly were as high as kites on Sunday evening, and even brought Linda and me a couple of freshly caught rainbow trout for our tea last night! Now we gear up for a long trip to Dumfries on Friday to welcome "home" the two Dumbarton participants! (To the Diocesan Group of course!)

I was welcomed home on Sunday night on my return by Archie and Toastie and Peanut, and ended up on my back being licked to death by three dogs! Eek! Somebody missed me!

After cutting myself off from the world, and my family, for almost five days, there were big updates on my dad. (I would have been contacted if anything serious had been happening). He has shown signs of an adequate physical recovery, apart from blinding headaches, but mentally he's "away with the fairies" as we say here, and I have no idea what's going to happen now. I'll get a chance to speak to hospital staff today, I hope.

1 comment:

Erp said...

At least it was a good exhaustion. I hope all goes well with your father.