Saturday 6 March 2010

New Hall Update

It's been suggested that we need to have some anchorage system on the roof for all the workers needing to fix the leaks which they are responsible for. We can't afford it! A script from Fr Ted, taking on Dougal's suggestion might be a good idea:

Father Ted: God Almighty, that's going to cost a fortune to fix. Where are we going to get the money? Think, Dougal, how can we raise some money?
Father Dougal: Hmmm....
Ted: Yes, I know. Aha! (give knowing glance)
Dougal: Aha!
Ted: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Dougal: I think so, Ted. But now wait, I'm not sure....
Ted: What?
Dougal: I mean, it is a big step, and err, where are we going to get the guns?
Ted: (mystified) What are you talking about?
Dougal: Oh, wait a minute now - actually I might have been thinking about something different...
Ted: You thought we were going to rob a bank, didn't you?
Dougal: I did, yeah!
Ted: Well, Dougal, this isn't a Bruce Willis film. I was thinking more along the lines of a raffle.
On you go, Dougal. These guys have been robbing us for years! However, raffle tickets are available from Barbara!

No comments: